What I'm Watching

Monday, September 10, 2007

Becoming Jane

I liked this movie. I'm a big Jane Austen fan so it's kind of hard not to like it. But, I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how not sucky Anne Hathway was in the movie. Now, I liked her in The Devil Wears Prada, but mostly because she allowed Meryl Streep to eat the screen alive and served as a nice foil for the fashion world crazies. But I really didn't see her pulling off the role of Jane Austen on her own. And she almost didn't. The accent came and went, seemingly of its own accord. Although PB and I were both a little unclear on why Hathaway was starring in this movie - it was financed by the UK Film Council and the BBC - she was cute and looked nice in the period costumes.

In the end it worked pretty well and we both enjoyed it. My perception could also be colored by the fact that PB surprised me with date night to this movie. I probably would have loved just about anything.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home