What I'm Watching

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I am Legend

We actually saw this a a while ago - December 23rd, I think, while Lily was staying with the parents.

I liked this movie. Honestly, I wasn't sure that Will Smith could pull off a semi-serious role, though I do think he's funny in the MIB movies. But he played this character with a really nice blend of intelligence, wit and desperation. I also really liked the 28-days like surprise shots - even though things like that always make me embarrass myself in the theater. I am glad we saw this one on the big screen.

Some observations:

I didn't like the way they turned his pursuit of a cure into some noble, self-sacrifice. It seems like he was just trying to survive, and like most scientists, his work was absolutely central to the core of who he was. His work was keeping him sane, not making him crazy. It was the only thing he could do in the situation he was in.

Why does the dog ALWAYS have to die?

I thought the ending was horribly abrupt. I would really have liked to see more of "The Colony". Also, I didn't really see why Will Smith needed to die - it seemed like there was plenty of room in the coal shoot and isn't the nice thing about grenades the fact that you can throw them, then duck and cover?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home