What I'm Watching

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Gone Baby Gone

This movie was incredibly hard to watch - I mean it actually shows (very briefly) the corpse of a child who was murdered by a molestor. And it plays on the very worst of my fears as a foster mother and adoptive parent. The tension regarding where a child is better off - with less than admirable biological parents who have 0 parenting skills or with other "strangers" to whom they are not biologically related but who love the hell out of them... well, that's kind of been my life for the last few years and I still don't know what the answer is.

Casey Affleck is less attractive than his older brother but seems to be a better actor. I was surprised to learn that Ben Affleck direct this movie - pleasantly so.

Loved Ed Harris - he was amazing. Didn't really buy Morgan Freeman, even though he is one of my favorite actors... I think maybe the character needed a younger actor, but I don't know. Anyway, definitely worth seeing - great movie. I really loved how well Boston came to life for me in this movie - keeping in mind that I've never visited :-)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home